Saturday, October 29, 2011

My Christmas wish list {Part 1}


There is no question that this Christmas will be a difficult one for me. For those new to my blog you may want to go back to my first post - the short version is my daughter passed away suddenly in January of this year. Its been a year of firsts - the first Birthday i spent without her. The first Easter without her - i always bought her a Lindt gold bunny. You get the picture. With the lead up to Christmas i have that sick feeling in my stomach, the feeling i get when i know there is no escaping the pain. I have to go through it and make it as bearable on me and those around me as possible.

Ive spent a lot of time thinking about having something as a reminder of her (not that i need one) maybe more having a little part of her with me all of the time. Ive considered getting another tattoo - i have one already - a rose. Although i love it I'm not keen on getting another one just yet.

I'm thinking a special piece of Jewellery with her name and dates inscribed. There are some beautiful designers out there, maybe too many to choose from but I've found the piece that is "the one".

The piece I've chosen is from Uberkate and its the Mother & child pendant. Simple yet stylish with two interconnected circles. Perfect really.




10 comments:

  1. I think thats a gorgeous necklace. Yes do it :)

    Christmas is going to be beyond tough no doubt. i can't imagine nor understand the feelings.

    If hes anything like mine a 3yr old who is really starting to understand this whole "christmas" thing this year the excitement and joy is allready showing (we had to look at trees in Kmart twice last week even though we have one and i nearly had a tantrum on my hands because i wouldnt buy one. and i'm almost ready to slip the Wiggly Christmas DVD in the rubbish)
    I am looking forward to seeing his face at the carols, going to see the lights and for the first time this year i will be going to an event in the city (heaps of them on) just for him. Special,precious and such a short time of believing.

    Love, keep her part of Christmas - pull out all the ol' photos with santa and put em up. Put up her decorations. Whatever you want to do.

    Grief is something you can't go around, you can't avoid it but you WILL get through it. I don't think it ever ends. but after every onslaught it makes it a little more bareable to go on.


    Maybe something special for your son too? a keepsake. My 3yr old has two things that were his great grandfathers on my side both of whom he never met but it means a lot to me and i hope one day for him that it had belonged to them.

    Keep her with you and the necklace is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOPPPPPPSSSSS!!!

    my comment was longer that your post!

    gees sorry lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pendant is such a beautiful reminder of someone you love so much.

    I have no words. Just hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, that necklace is gorgeous! I love jewelry with a meaning.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that necklace is just perfect.
    Hope you are doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are an amazing person and I do hope that this beautiful piece of jewelry is exactly what you want. I hope it makes you smile at Christmas and is always a reminder of your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The necklace is a beautiful one. Sending hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got a necklace & pendant for my 30th b'day. The pendant has my 16mth old name and thumb print on it, it is so special.
    The mother and child pendant you've chosen is beautiful. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Shelley, first thanks for the reply to my childcare post (your email didn't come up so I couldn't reply directly). There are a few decisions to make, but at the moment I think I heading towards popping him in one day per week, good for all of us I think.

    I have just read this post of yours now, I didn't know that you lost your daughter this year. My heart goes out to you and your family. I have to say that necklace is simply stunning. Perfection, I have not seen something like it before. I think this would be lovely.
    Love to you, Rhi xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I love getting comments :)